Redeeming the Time: Ephesians 5:15-19
How do we use our time?
Note: If I am going to live my life for the Lord, I must give Him my time, for time is life, measured in minutes, and hours and days.
1. We must walk circumspectly (english def., greek def.). Walking through life, taking care to be cautious and aware of circumstances. Being exact, not wasting our time, or spending it unwisely.
- Where are our priorities?
- Are we giving time to the things that are important, like spending time with God in scripture and prayer?
2. We must understand the will of God in our life? Our purpose in life is to glorify God.
- Start with knowing that God’s will is for me to fulfill the responsibilities I have in my life.
- It is the will of God to obey Him in the things He has written in scripture.
3. We must be filled with the Spirit. Giving Christ access to our life by faith.
We can’t be caught up with all the things that bother us in our daily lives. There are so many things that vie for our attention, so many things that tempt us, things that distract us. If we do not walk circumspectly, filled with the spirit, keeping the big picture in mind, we will become overwhelmed with life; we will loose sight of Christ and will begin to sink into the waves. Walk with purpose, walk with care, for there is so little time and we must redeem it.